Friday, November 9, 2007

Our First Crisis (October 15, 2007)

I guess I should just be grateful that we made it 13 months and 2 days before we had our first major crisis with Tempe. She's had her share of bumps and bruises, as all new walkers do, but this was much worse!It all started on Friday morning, when Jason was getting ready for school. He was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, and I was sitting in Tempe's doorway, which is at the top of the stairs. Tempe was wiggling her fingers under the bathroom door, and giggling when Daddy grabbed them. I thought I was close enough to grab Tempe if she got too near the stairs--well--did I learn my lesson! I could see she was headed for them, and before I knew it, she had taken a step off the top of our full flight of stairs.*As a side note, she does know how to go down stairs backwards... but now that she is walking, she thinks she is so big that she can walk down. She can't.*I screamed at Jason that Tempe was falling down the stairs, and practically fell down them myself trying to get to her. She was all curled up on the bottom step, crying, of course, and we rushed back up to where Jason had frantically come out of the bathroom. We cuddled, hugged, kissed, offered drinks of water and her pacifier, and after a few minutes, Tempe was over it and playing like nothing had ever happened. I was still shaking.So, the Andersons weathered their first crisis, and we're none the worse for wear. I was hoping Tempe would at least have learned her lesson... but no. She tried to walk down the stairs again about an hour later!

0 comments:

Followers