Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I admit it

Today I am very discouraged. It seems like no matter how hard I work, I never get closer to my goal of graduating from college. I have 26 credits left and it feels like it will take a lifetime to finish them! If we had more money I would be able to finish those remaining credits in two or three years; but right now we are not in a financial position to contribute any money to my education. I have been so blessed to receive several scholarships in the past year and a Pell Grant, and I have been depending on those to pay for some of my classes. Unfortunately, there are very complicated guidelines concerning Pell Grants for BGS students (that's me) and I'm not sure I will be able to access all of the money that I was awarded.
It's frustrating. So far, I have had a hard time finding someone at BYU that is familiar both with Pell Grants and with the BGS program, so I haven't gotten any real answers. I have a phone appointment with a financial aid counselor on Monday and I hope that she will be able to help me. If not, I think I might scream.

3 comments:

The Hulls said...

It's great that you're working so to finish, but frustrating and long at the same time. Good job though! You're girls are sure cute and I hope you get your dream house!

Margaret said...

That's frustrating, Kate. Hope you can get it all figured out! :)

KIM, ARNIE, AJ, RILEY, & DAISY said...

Arnie is in his last year at marquette law. We're in wisconsin- it's way to cold here! What is Jason up to these days?

Followers