Monday, January 26, 2009

Jason is a homeowner!

You may have noticed that I haven't mentioned our house recently. We thought that we would be closing in early January and moved in by now, but obviously, that hasn't happened yet.
Getting our loan approved took a lot longer than we thought it would--it didn't help that just as soon as we turned in our application, interest rates dropped and the underwriters were bombarded with people refinancing! But eventually, the loan was approved, and our loan officer was actually able to get us an even lower interest rate. 4.875%, baby! That's like paying no interest at all.
So, today Jason closed on the house. He is officially a homeowner! I say Jason and not "we" because I am not on the loan and I am not on the title, either (yet). My credit rating is 0, so we just put Jason on the loan. I hope that he puts me on the title soon so that he can't kick me out of the house.
We hope to record and take possession tomorrow; moving day is Saturday. Hopefully we will have some "before" pictures to post tomorrow night!

4 comments:

J Hardy said...

CONGRATS! It's crazy to think that next time we visit you'll be all settled in your new home!

Jamie said...

congrats to Jason!! You should look at Joni's blog for a way awesome belly shot www.clonikennington.blogspot.com.

Denise Faulkner said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see pics!

Margaret said...

I'm so excited for you guys!

Followers