Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some Tempe-isms


Holding Katelyn’s My Little Pony that got mixed in with our toys when we moved out of Jason’s parent’s house and subsequently became Tempe’s My Little Pony. “E [Katelyn] got this pony to me. It is so special to me. E got this pony to me!”

Dancing around her bedroom in her Sunday dress and singing. “A sunbeam, a sunbeam! Jesus wants a sunbeam! A sunbeam, yeah, yeah!”

Answering the next door neighbor’s question about where her Grandma lives. “Grandma Lisa live at Grandma Lisa house.”

At the park with Daddy. “You know awesome, Dad? Dad, you know awesome? This playground is awesome!”

Surveying her newly unpacked bedroom. “I got new toys! Look at all me new toys!” [While we lived at Jason’s parent’s house, our stuff was in storage for over eight months, and Tempe apparently forgot all of her old toys in that period of time.]

Coming into the kitchen where Helena is crying while I try to make dinner. “It’s ok, Lena. It’s ok! I’m here. Someone hurt you, Lena? Mommy hurt you?” [I tried to assure Tempe that I did not hurt Lena, but she wondered why else Lena would be crying.]

Discovering that Jason had put her Polly Pocket away in the wrong place before bed the night before. “Hey, this not go here! It go here!”

Wanting Jason to toss her in the air. “Throw me up to me bedroom, Dad!”

“Read me a story, Mom. A real story.” She pats me on my chest. “You!”
“Tell a story about me? When I was big or when I was little?”
“Little, just like Tempe!”

Bringing her green Gideon Bible into the bedroom where I am reading scriptures. “I got my scriptures, Mom! I reading my scriptures!”

At dinner at Jason’s parent’s house before we moved out. “Doodle-oodle-oo!” [Gibberish] “You know that, Grandpa?”

Walking the aisles of the dollar store after her very first haircut. “I found the perfect toy, Mom! It’s a ball!” [I told her that she could pick just one toy if she was good for her haircut; she was.]

Driving home from church and pointing at the different houses. “That not me own home, that not me own home, no, that one not me own home!”

At dinner one night. “Hey, I have the idea. How ‘bout we all go outside and play! Hey, I have the idea. How ‘bout we go to the store. Hey, I have the idea. How ‘bout we get a treat. Hey, I have the idea. How ‘bout we all play dinosaurs. Hey, I have the idea. How ‘bout we take all Tempe’s clothes off!”

Talking about whether she is obedient or disobedient. “Mommy, I make you happy… but sometimes I make you sad.”

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Kate! Those Tempe-isms are hilarious! I was laughing so hard. She is really growing up and it's fun to hear some of the things she says. We'll definitely have to get together next time we're in Utah.

The Colvins said...

She is so so CUTE! What a fun age!

Followers