Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trying to blog without the internet

Since this is my Internet night (I go to my in-laws to use their wireless on Tuesday nights), I thought I would do a short update. We love being in our new house, but we do miss having the Internet at home! Living without the Internet and without a car can be kind of isolating for me, but I am lucky that I have two little girls to keep me company, a sister-in-law and nieces that like to come over and play, and several nice parks within walking distance.
Tempe and Lena are getting to be better friends every day! They are actually starting to play together now, and Lena adores her big sister and follows her everywhere. Lena just learned to wave and is trying to figure out clapping. Tempe is learning more colors every day, and even tried to arrange her blocks into a circle the other night! The shape she made was more like a squashed oval, but it was a closed figure, so that's pretty good! I hope to start her in a Joy School program this fall when she is three. We also have not yet started potty-training... but now that her bathroom is painted and put back together, I really have no excuse!
Now that the weather is warming up (our last bit of snow melted today!) Jason and I need to get cracking on the yard. The house was vacant all fall and winter, so our lawn is matted with rotted leaves. I'm afraid to see what the grass is like under them all! After we get the leaves up, we need to haul out a brush pile in the back yard, take out several overgrown, ugly bushes, and add some flowers. It will be a busy spring!

0 comments:

Followers