Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week One

Coming home from the hospital on April Fool's Day.


Today is Helena's one week birthday! The week has gone by fast, and so far, we're not only hanging in there, we're doing really well. Our ward and friends have taken such good care of us! We have had so many meals brought (we're actually drowning in leftovers now, so I think we're good for another few days still!) and so many people have offered to help or to watch Tempe for me. I'm so grateful for all of the great friends we have here! That's one thing about Laramie that I am really going to miss.


Jason's mom was able to come meet her newest grand-daughter for a few days before she and her family left to go to Jamaica to help Jason's brother move back after his internship. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and Jason, Tempe, and Grandma Jan got stranded in Cheyenne Monday night (which was ok, because I was still in the hospital). They got a hotel room and settled in for the night, hoping that the road would be open in the morning... but it wasn't. I was all set to be discharged from the hospital that morning, so they had to take I-25 down to Ft.Collins then come back up to Laramie on Highway 287. It took Jan almost 24 hours to get here!! But we're glad she was able (and willing!) to come. My mom will arrive next Tuesday and we're excited for her to be here as well! I have quite the list of things that need to be done to keep her busy :)


Helena has already changed a lot in her first week. She cries a lot less than she did the first few days, and she's already starting to sleep better at night (mostly because I started letting her sleep in my bed). She still likes to be held most of the time, which makes getting Tempe lunch/dinner and cleaning her up a lot more challenging. But she is a sweet, cuddly girl!


As for Tempe, we're not so sure how she feels about Helena. She is all over babies at church, but mostly ignores Helena. I guess that's better than blatantly disliking her! She has had a few bursts of jealousy, but mostly is content to look at Helena every once in a while and help me by bringing me things. She is very concerned when Helena cries!


So we are doing pretty well. Hopefully the second week will go just as smoothly!

0 comments:

Followers