Saturday, July 5, 2008

Spend some time with Tempe!

Tempe is almost two years old. That means that (among other things):

  • She says "No, me!" a lot whenever I try to do something for her
  • She learns about five new words every day (and she repeats everything--so be careful what you say!)
  • She is learning to run and she runs away from me whenever she gets the chance.
  • She throws spectacular tantrums!

I think all of those things are very normal for an almost-two year old, but to me they are still interesting :) I love watching her grow and change every day! She is becoming such a little person. She has done some pretty cute things in the last few days, so I thought I better write them down before I forget about them!

  • Yesterday, Helena was in her carseat as I was getting some stuff together so that we could leave. Suddenly, Jason nudged me and pointed at Tempe; she had brought two toy cups and a teapot over to the carseat and given one to Helena. She "poured" something into the cups and then helped Helena have a "drink", then took a drink herself. It was adorable! That was the first time I have ever caught Tempe playing with her sister.
  • We went to a BBQ at Jason's friend's parent's house (did you follow that?) for the 4th of July, and Tempe got very attached to Dan's mom! She was following her around and calling her Grandma by the end of the night. She even wanted Dan's mom to hold her when she got hurt!
  • When we were leaving yesterday, we said "Ok, Tempe, come on!" and she said "Ok", picked up her little plastic toy purse and slung it over her shoulder. "Purse come" she said to us. She insisted on bringing it with her.

She is a fun little girl and she charms everyone she meets. Jason and I marvel every day about how lucky we are to have two happy, healthy little girls!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Oh I just love Tempe!! Thanks for sharing those fun things about her. She's just getting all grown up :-) I just love that girl.

I love Helena too. I can't believe how big she is getting. Those pictures of her on your last post are SO SO cute. I think she looks like Jason...what do you guys think? She looks like Tempe too.

Well we sure love and miss you guys. Hope everything is going well in Utah.

Followers