Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Visit with Grandma Lisa and the Gang

Tempe and Helena and I just got back from a 3-week visit with my family in Tennessee. Flying cross country by myself with a toddler and a baby was super fun, as I'm sure everyone can imagine, but it was worth it! We had a wonderful time with my parents and my brother and sister. Tempe and Helena especially loved spending time with their grandparents, Grandma Lisa and the Big Kahuna.
We did a lot of fun things while we were there--a performance of Beauty and the Beast by Bravo, the community theater that my whole family is involved in (Jeff stole the show as LeFou); the zoo; a really great children's museum; a performance of The Jungle Book by Bravo (Mom directed). But the best part of our visit was just being involved in the every day things that my family does. We enjoyed going to the neighborhood pool almost every day, watching Arrested Development and The Office in the evenings, helping Grandma cook, and hanging out in the backyard with Buddy the dog. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our trip!

Tempe liked helping Grandma Lisa bake zucchini muffins.


Mommy and Helena on the carousel at the zoo.


The Big Kahuna learned how to do things one-handed so that he could hold Helena as much as possible.

Tempe's favorite part of our trip by far was going to the pool with Grandma Lisa every afternoon.

1 comments:

Margaret said...

Kate, Looks like your trip was so much fun. I bet your family loved seeing your girls! It was probably hard for them to let you come back! (But we're glad you're here!)

Followers