Monday, August 4, 2008

Two {Tags}: Part 1b

{5 bands I listen to now}
Ok, so I don't really listen to Sufjan Stevens unless Jason actually puts it on for me.... but I do like him. I just don't remember that without help.

mewithoutYou is one of my absolute favorite bands in the universe TIMES INFINITY!!! Unfortunately, most other people hate them. We went to a concert where they opened for Coheed and Cambria (I went for mewithoutYou) and no one else knew who they were. It was sad. If you want to hear something really awesome, try listening to Gentleman--it's me and Jason's song :)

The Mountain Goats are another band that Jason introduced me to. Actually, I think every band I am listing here is something he introduced me to. My favorite song by the Mountain Goats is No Children, but I don't want people to think it's because I can relate to having a loveless, bitter marriage. Our marriage is great.

What can I say about Bright Eyes? Who doesn't love Conor Oberst? He's like Dashboard Confessional, only all grown up and not a crybaby anymore. I wanted to dance to The First Day of My Life for our wedding song, but I thought it might be a little morbid to dance to a song that says "I'm glad I didn't die before I met you". But I am glad I didn't die before I met Jason.

I bet my parents would really love Alkaline Trio.

Other bands that get an honorable mention: My Chemical Romance (Cheers, Helena!), At the Drive In, Cursive, and Conor Oberst's side project Desparacidio (sp?). I like when bands incorporate rhythmic clapping into their music, like At the Drive In.

Ok, now I tag.... Janice Hewitt, Amanda Dambrink, Cari Potter, Kathryn Anderson, and Rachel Whitchurch!

0 comments:

Followers