Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rise and Shout



Today Jason and I were able to go to a BYU football game--my first game in four years!! We had a great time. I owe a very big thank you to a great old friend, Robin, who offered to babysit our two little girls so that I could go to the game.
We started our BYU football experience with lunch in the Legacy ticketholders tent. Ribs, ham, lamb kabobs, pita bread and hummus, and three chocolate fountains... yum! I ate until I thought I would throw up. Then we went up to our seats and watched BYU pummel UCLA. We couldn't stay for the whole game (I had to leave after just one quarter to go feed Helena, then Jason left at halftime so we could go to his cousin's wedding) but the score ended up being 59-0, in favor of the Cougars.
I love BYU. It is such a great school, and here are some reasons why:
  • Ranked best value for your money by The Princeton Review.
  • Library consistently ranked in the top 10 in the nation.
  • Marriott School of Management and the accounting program consistently ranked in the top 10 in the nation.
  • #1 stone cold sober!!!
  • Ranked #1 for study abroad opportunities.
See, all you U fans have it wrong!


To cap off our fun BYU experience, when we got home there was a nice, fat letter from the Utah Bar informing Jason that he passed the bar--and on his first try, too! We're feeling pretty good now.

4 comments:

Jen said...

CONGRATS!!! That is awesome, Jason! Now you're official.

Rachel said...

That's aweomse that Jason passed the bar! Tell him congrats from us. And we still love you guys-even if you are a little misled on your taste in schools:)

Denise Faulkner said...

Yea!!!! I'm so happy that Jason passed the bar -- what a relief, huh! Happy 2nd Birthday to Tempe, it looked like a lot of fun! Your girls are too cute.

Margaret said...

Congrats, Jason!
I guess we were so wrapped up in the missionary stuff yesterday, I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you and find that out!
Way to go!

The BYU game looks like a lot of fun, too!

Followers