Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bawk! Bawk! Owwww...

Yesterday Jason and I decided to take Tempe to the petting zoo in Ft. Collins. She has been practicing her animal sounds (she knows about a dozen now) so we thought it would be fun for her to actually see the animals that make the sounds! She liked looking at the animals, but she was a little nervous about touching them, especially the horses. When she noticed the cows eating hay off the ground, she shook her finger and said "No, no, no!" We tried to explain that the animals eat off the ground and it's ok, but she was pretty skeptical. She also kept pointing at the pigs in their muddy pen and saying "Yuck, bath!"
Her favorite animals to see were the chickens and roosters. The rooster kept crowing, and that made her a little nervous, too (it was really loud!) but she liked to say "Doodle-do!" after he did. She was having a great time watching the chickens pecking around when one came up to the fence and pecked her fingers. She jumped back and Jason grabbed her. Luckily, she wasn't hurt and she didn't cry... but it made a big impact on her! She spent the rest of the afternoon saying "Bawk! Bawk! Owww..." and holding up her hand where the chicken pecked it. Today she was still doing it, but she must have forgotten which hand got hurt, because now she's holding out the other one.
In other news, I went to the doctor today and I am 4 cm dilated!! Woohoo! When I had Tempe, I found out that I was 3 cm about 3 days before I went into labor, so hopefully it will just be a matter of days now. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because I know some people walk around 4-5 cm dilated for weeks, but I really feel like it will be soon. I have the nesting urges pretty strong now (just ask Jason, I keep asking him to move things and put things away and help me get everything organized) and I have a lot more energy all of a sudden. I think it's that last little energy burst that comes at the very end. So maybe my next entry will be about our second little girl!

0 comments:

Followers