Sunday, March 16, 2008

Strawberry oatmeal, anyone?

Tempe was fine all day yesterday, and besides sleeping a little late and acting tired this morning, she seemed fine before church... and during the opening hymn and announcements.... but as soon as the sacrament hymn started, she sat up straight, took her binky out of her mouth, and threw her breakfast up all over everything! All over her dress and shoes, and the bench, and the floor, and the diaper bag. Jason and I were just frozen in horror, and then he grabbed her and we ran out of the chapel. The family sitting next to us (whom we don't really know very well) were so nice and accommodating. The husband followed us out and said "Don't worry about the mess, I'll clean it up so you can take care of her." I was soooooo grateful to him! So we stripped Tempe and cleaned her up as best we could, then Jason went back in to get our stuff and help finish cleaning up. Her dress was so gross I ended up just throwing it away--it was velvet, and I just did NOT have the stomach to rinse it out and try to wash it.
Now she seems fine again... I don't know WHAT HAPPENED! But it was so embarrassing.

So if anyone in my ward reads this, I am so sorry! We had no idea that she was sick (actually, I don't think she really is). I've heard of that kind of thing happening in Sacrament meeting before, but I never thought it would be us!! Now all I need is for my water to break next week during Sacrament.

0 comments:

Followers