Tuesday, May 13, 2008

30 before 30

I watched an episode of Scrubs the other day where JD realized that it was almost his 30th birthday and he hadn't done any of the things on his "30 before 30" list. That got me thinking... what kind of goals do I have for myself?

  1. Natural childbirth--DONE!
  2. Graduate from college
  3. Buy a house
  4. Build up our year's supply of food
  5. Get married in the temple--DONE!
  6. Learn how to sew
  7. Go on a family vacation
  8. 100% Visiting Teaching for at least one year!
  9. Complete an up-to-date life history
  10. Watch "Gone With the Wind" from start to finish
  11. Get my ears pierced and keep them from getting infected
  12. Hike the Y--DONE!
  13. Grow a vegetable garden
  14. Grow a flower garden
  15. Learn to bake bread
  16. Finally see Brand New in concert--I'll be too old after I turn 30
  17. Go on a vacation just with Jason
  18. See "The Little Mermaid" on Broadway!
  19. Vote in a presidental election (sorry, I haven't been a good citizen up to this point)
  20. Start recycling
  21. Have a nice family portrait taken
  22. Start saving for our kids' educations and missions
  23. Attend at least 10 different temples--so far, I've been to Provo, Salt Lake, Bountiful, Nashville, and Denver
  24. Get back into shape
  25. Learn how to bake and decorate really cool cakes
  26. Spend quality time with my children every day
  27. Have a weekly date night
  28. Watch every episode of LOST
  29. Keep in touch with old friends
  30. Finally be able to touch my toes!

Whew, it was hard to think of 30 goals. Of course, I have goals like have a happy marriage and raise happy, well-adjusted children, but those are sort of vague. I guess some of my other goals (#26 and #27, for example) will help me attain my vaguer goals.

So there you have it!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your list. I can help you with the 'have a nice family portrait taken' when you move here!:)

The Colvins said...

Kate,
Thanks for posting on my blog! Where are you guys moving? You're girls are so cute. I totally and completely can relate to your post about wanting to finish school. I too am close to getting my degree, but marriage and kids have really stalled my education dreams. I'm just glad I'm not the only one out there that feels the same way I do!

Jen said...

Hey Kate- We miss you guys already. Of course we will stay in touch with you and we will definitely come visit you guys. You are going to have to change your blog title to "Andersons in Utah." :) I love you guys and I'm so glad we were able to become such good friends!! You'll have to post lots of pictures so I can see your darling girls:)

Followers