Thursday, May 8, 2008

Springfield's First Family


(My parent's will be appalled if they read this)
Tempe has a new "favorite" show--The Simpsons! She doesn't actually sit down and watch it, but she seems to like the characters. Today we were at Walmart looking at greeting cards, and there were a few with Simpsons characters on them. Tempe saw them from across the aisle, where she was standing with Daddy, and starting pointing at them and smiling. Jason took her over to see them and she was very excited! Then, this afternoon, we were watching tv while dinner was cooking and she saw a commercial for the Simpsons. Tempe was excited again to see her favorite characters!
We just thought it was funny that she likes the Simpsons so much. I think it's probably more that she recognizes them and likes that--like I said, she really doesn't actually watch the show! She is around when it is on, but she is usually just playing with her toys or reading books and not paying attention to the tv.
I haven't written about Helena in a few days. She started smiling the day after her one month birthday, which was about a week ago. She is a very happy girl immediately after eating and that is when she smiles the most! We are yet to get a picture of it, though. She's not like Tempe--she doesn't have big gummy grins all the time like Tempe did--but she has her own sweet little smiles. She has also started to coo. I love this age! I forgot how babies "come alive" after a few months and seem to be little people instead of just helpless beings. It's so fun to watch her little personality develop!

1 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sure Curtis will teach our kids all about the Simpsons:)

I like the new blog layout...very cute!

I know I've said this before, but I can't beleive you guys are leaving us. You are just deserting us and leaving us behind in cold, windy Laramie:( We are sure going to miss you guys. When we come down to visit our family in Utah, lets get together!

Followers