Monday, May 5, 2008

Springtime in Laramie

Every traveler's worst nightmare...


Last week we had some beautiful weather here in Laramie, Wyoming. If you consider 25 degrees and snow blowing sideways beautiful, that is. I took advantage of the weather to take some pictures that I have been meaning to take since we moved here almost three years ago! First is a picture of the "return to Laramie" sign on I-80. Seeing those flashing lights and the gate across the freeway is the most horrible feeling in the world! We have seen it several times in our years here--once in Rawlins, once in Cheyenne, once in Rock Springs... ugh! The other picture is of the trucks lining the highway on-ramp. I couldn't get a great shot (I took these while driving!) but the on-ramp and the shoulder of I-80 for several miles were lined by trucks. The parking lot at Wal-Mart was also packed! That is how I can tell if the road is open or closed. I counted trucks in the parking lot and I lost track at 48... it was pretty crowded.
We will not miss the road closures here!!

0 comments:

Followers