Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chesnuts Roasting

Merry Christmas!

We had such a fun Christmas here at the Anderson home. On Christmas Eve, we went to Jason's grandma's house--a family tradition. We ate, sang some great songs ("Jing, Jing-a-Ling" and "Six White Boomers", among others), played White Elephant, and just enjoyed each other's company. When we got home, Jason and I helped Tempe and Helena open their Christmas Eve pajamas (a tradition from my side of the family) and put them to bed. Then we did those secretive things that Moms and Dads do on Christmas Eve after the kids are in bed :)


I thought that I was a grown-up, but I must still be a little childish, because I had such a hard time sleeping on Christmas Eve! When it was finally morning, we all got up at about 8:30 and went downstairs to see what Santa had brought. He brought Tempe a really cute dollhouse (and a racecar in her stocking) and he brought Helena a fun pink ride-on pony. After we all played with our Santa presents for a few minutes, it was time to open the rest of the presents.


We had quite a haul this year! It was very fun helping Tempe open her presents. She would get so excited about whatever she was opening that she would completely lose interest in the rest of the presents. Some of her favorites include some My Little Ponies and a Lightning McQueen pillow and blanket. Helena likes her two new books, her animal stacking rings, and her bead toy. Jason's doesn't choose favorites. Maybe he didn't like any of them. And as for me... well, it's hard to choose! I got the food processor that I wanted to make baby food, so that was good. My mom made me the cutest apron I have ever seen, and I love that! Jason framed a large family portrait to hang over our fireplace, and I love that too.... I don't know. It was pretty darn good. Most of all, it was nice to spend so much time with our family, just relaxing and playing together.

Tempe and Helena in their Christmas dresses on the Sunday before Christmas.


Tempe and Helena opening their presents

Helena loves riding her new pony!


Helena got into a chocolate bar when I wasn't paying enough attention to her. She was very, very excited! And Austin didn't mind because he didn't like the kind of chocolate it was.

0 comments:

Followers