Friday, December 19, 2008

Only a dead bird

This morning we had our house inspected. Quick, huh? I was glad to get it over with. I came at the very end of the inspection so he could show me everything, and when I got there, a realtor and his two clients were just coming out after their showing. Yep, their showing. I wasn't too happy, especially because they tracked snow all over my brand new carpet!
Anyway, everything was fine. Nothing pressing for us to take care of, but we do have a short list of repairs we will need to work on. The worst thing he found was a dead bird in the crawl space. I don't know how it got down there, because the only access to the crawl space is through the house--there's no outside access.
And it's no longer on the MLS site! It's ours!!!!
I loved it even more today. Everything except the mirror wall. I hated that even more. Does anyone have any ideason what to do about that? We would love to get rid of it, but in the meantime what can I do to improve the appearance?

5 comments:

Candice said...

I'm officially following your blog now because I need someone to talk about house stuff with! :-)

As far as the mirror wall, you can tape it up (with painter's tape) and break it to get it down. Who knows what kind of glue, gross wallpaper, or old paint you could find under there though.

PS-Did you know you're still my friend on my LiveJournal? Your old entries are hysterical!

Cari said...

Kate, I'm so excited for you and your family. I love your house, I think it's so cute. I wish I could see pictures of the inside.

Anyway, about the glass I would say put some curtains over them, or cover them the wall in fabric as kind of a paint/wallpaper design thing. (These are only if you're not thinking about destroying it right away). Have fun with it, you're probably one of the most crafty/creative people I know. Remember the picture board you made with flannel (I think) and ribbon? That was cute. :)

Cari said...

Oh yeah, here's a link for a website with mirror decorations. I haven't really looked closely, I Just found it through a site when Googling your dilemma. :) http://www.decorativefilm.com/index.asp?c=201333

Stephen and Jeanne said...

Yea, Jason and Kate!!!!! I am sooo excited for you guys! I know you have been anxious waiting to hear about the offer and I am so glad it was accepted and the inspection went well. What a relief! Now you get to experience the joys and annoyances of home ownership. Have fun!

Rachel said...

Congrats on your house! I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck with everything and Merry Christmas!

Followers