Wednesday, December 3, 2008

JC

Blue Run Farm, June 2005
Vedauvoo, September 2005

Snorkeling in the Bahamas, December 2005

BYU-UCLA game, September 2008

Hiking in Bountiful, October 2008

Today I was thinking about my great husband Jason. I've always known I'm pretty lucky, but sometimes I get distracted with screaming kids, BYU financial aid circular logic, and intense budgeting. It's easy to focus on all the hard things about life and not think about what I have, but I hope to change my ways. Instead I am going to focus on embarrassing Jason more often.
The first time I noticed Jason was at a ward mix-and-mingle. We were all supposed to bring something that "represented" ourselves and talk about it. I brought my lion cookie jar that roared when you opened its mouth. When Jason stood up, he said, very seriously, "I don't feel comfortable sharing things about myself." I thought he was hilarious. In fact, that incident is what prompted me to invite him hiking at Bridal Veil falls, which in turn prompted me to cuddle with him during the movie later and eventually ask him out on our first date. I was so smitten that I didn't even let our age difference (5 years felt huge when I was only 19 and he was 24!) scare me off.
The best thing about him is that he still makes me laugh all the time. We haven't run out of things to say to each other, even after 4 whole years! I know, amazing, right?
I'm so grateful that I found him, and even more grateful that someone else didn't find him first :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Jason...you're awesome!

Isn't embarrassing our hubbies fun!?!

Cari said...

I remember the lion cookie jar! How funny, I don't think I really knew before where you had first seen him other than our lovely Liberty Square.

Anonymous said...

We think he's great too!

Followers