Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lena Lou





Last night I was nursing Lena in bed, and when she was done eating, she just cuddled up against me, cooing and smiling. She is such a cuddly girl, and I love taking the opportunity to just snuggle with her every once in a while. It's so nice to hold her and see how happy and safe she feels in my arms. I'm so grateful that I have such a sweet, loving little baby!
Lena is learning how to scoot around on her tummy now. She doesn't get up on her hands and knees yet, but she army-crawls across the floor. She also has her first tooth now! I can't believe how big she is getting. She will be a year old before I know it!
Jason and I took the girls to the Festival of Trees last night, and it was another opportunity for me to think about how blessed I am to have a happy, healthy family. For those of you who don't know, the Festival of Trees is a charity event that benefits Primary Children's Hospital. All of the trees are decorated in honor of someone and are sold at auction to raise money. The trees are all gorgeous, but it's pretty sad when you think about why they are there. I kept hugging Lena closer and thinking how lucky I am that I have healthy children. I hope that they always are!

1 comments:

Margaret said...

Kate,
I've loved reading all these blog entries about your little family. You need to have Jason write one about you now!

Followers