Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mean Mommy

Yesterday we went to Robert's to pick up some things for the girls' new playroom (more about that later!) and as soon as we walked in the door, Tempe saw the helium balloons. She immediately started in with the "Mommy, can I have a balloon? Please can I have one? Please will you buy me one?"

I kept saying "No, you have a balloon at home... No, you don't need a balloon." But I guess the cashier heard us, because when she was ringing me up, she asked if Tempe wanted a balloon. Tempe's face lit up and she chose a pink balloon. As we were walking out to the car, she was babbling happily to herself and she said "And Mommy say, (in gruff, snarly voice) 'No you can't have a balloon!' and the nice lady say, (in happy princess voice) 'Yes, you can have one!'"
I couldn't help but laugh at how evil I come off when I deny a balloon.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

okay, that's hilarious

Followers