Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring has sprung...

...And Helena is one! We had her "Springtime" birthday party last night. It was quite a party! We had about 30 people attend, all family, including my parents and brothers Tyler and Jeff and sister Kelsey, who are visiting from Tennessee this week (more about them later). 

For Lena's party, Tempe helped me dye frosting all the colors of the rainbow for Lena's rainbow cupcakes. Margaret has some great pictures of the party on her blog. The problem with having a talented photographer in the family is that I no longer bother taking pictures at family events. So you'll have to check them out on her site instead! 
Today we have been very, very busy getting our neglected yard back in shape. My dad thrives on yard work, so he had a great day doing all kinds of stuff. We got so much done! I can't believe how beautiful it looks from just a few hours of work. We are so grateful that my family was so willing to help us in the yard on their vacation!




This last picture is the results of all our hard work: tree branches, grass clippings, even a dead tree that we took out of our planter area. It's pretty gratifying to see how much we got done!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Your yard looks great! Thanks for inviting us to celebrate Helena's birthday! It was fun to see your family again!

Rachel said...

Wow, looks like all that hard work was well worth it! I don't know what it looked like before, but it looks incredible! Tell your fam hi for me!

Followers