Friday, June 27, 2008

Fingerpainting

Yesterday I decided to make Tempe a 4th of July shirt by stamping red and blue stars on a white tank top. It turned out really cute, and while I was doing it, Tempe wanted to help (of course!) She had a very fun time!
I'm always hesitant to let her do things like that because I know what a big mess it will be, but I've tried to adopt a "Why not?" parenting philosophy. Instead of limiting what Tempe can do just because I don't want to clean it up, I usually let her do whatever she wants--as long as it is safe and won't cause any lasting damage. I think it's important for her to explore and make choices. If all we have to do is clean up a mess, well, why not?

1 comments:

Jen said...

What a good mom...and FUN mom you are!! I bet Tempe had a blast! I guess sometimes kids just gotta get dirty:)

Followers