Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is my Mormon showing?

I have a new favorite blog that I think everyone should check out: Seriously, so blessed. You will find the link on my blog link list. Now, just to clear up any confusion, this is not a real blog. It's a joke blog. Jason found the link on Eric Snider's website (http://www.ericdsnider.com/)
I was just talking to my brother-in-law Austin about this last week when we were watching "The Next Food Network Star". There is a BYU grad on, and she is pretty... well... she lives up to all my preconceived notions of what a Utah Mormon is really like. That stereotype was my #1 reason for not wanting to live in Utah, ever. Since living here, I have found that while there are some people that fit the stereotype, Utah is not overrun with them. I have found that Salt Lake has a refreshing blend of cultures and different beliefs--even Provo isn't too bad.
But after reading Seriously, so blessed, I must say, I'm a little concerned... I do some of the things that the *author* does! The biggest thing that jumped out at me is the scrapbooking. I do enjoy scrapbooking, and I do it a lot. But I don't spend a lot of money on it!!!! So... is that ok?

0 comments:

Followers