Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fun Day (right!)

Rachel and TJ, me and Tempe and Helena (in the stroller) in front of the giraffe enclosure with the cute baby giraffe. Tempe loved watching it eat!


Today was just one of those days... one of those days that make me want to scream all day! Especially since that's what both my kids did.
One of my friends from Laramie, Rachel, was in town today, and we decided to get together to go to the zoo. I was really excited because I haven't seen anyone since we left (I know it's only been like a month). Well, just about everything went wrong... Helena cried the whole way there, and so I was distracted and I missed my exit and had to get off at the next one and backtrack. Then I somehow wound up in a turn only lane and had to turn and go around the block to get back on the right street. You would think I haven't been to the zoo lately--but I've been 4 times in 3 weeks!
So, we made it there, and Tempe and Helena were pretty good while we were there. But we finished in less than 2 hours! I mean, we had seen everything. I didn't want to go home yet, so I asked Rachel if she wanted to go out to lunch.
Deciding to go out to lunch was a big, big mistake! I should have known, because it was close to naptime, but I was stupid and I thought "Oh, they will be ok!"
So we decided to go to this restaurant called Zupas in Draper that I really like. I was pretty sure I knew where it is...yeah. I don't. We got lost. Luckily, we ended up finding it, but by that time, all 3 of the kids were screaming. We got our food, took a few bites, and decided to get boxes and call it a day. Tempe screamed the whole way out to the car, and when I asked what was wrong (I was pretty exasperated) she said "Nap! Nap!!"
Oh, but the fun didn't end there. Tempe, of course, fell asleep about 5 minutes away from home, and thought that counted as a nap. So she was still fussy when we got home, and she threw a pretty spectacular tantrum when I tried to put her in her crib. Grandma came rushing out because she thought it was Corinne and Katelyn fighting.
I finally got Tempe down for a nap at 3, and she slept until 5. Which means that even though it is bedtime now, she will probably be up for a few more hours.
Oh, what a fun, fun day! At least my food was delicious. I got the Nuts About Berries salad (romaine lettuce, poppyseed dressing, cinnamon almonds, and fresh raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries) and the Boston Crab Melt sandwich (crab salad, Muenster cheese, and celery).


Edited to add: I did have a really great time seeing Rachel and TJ! Rachel was one of my best friends in Laramie, and it was so nice to actually go somewhere with a friend again. And I would rather be at the zoo with grumpy kids than at the house with nothing to do!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE the Nuts about Berries salad! It's like candy! Mmm.

Rachel said...

Wow Kate! That's a crazy day. I wish I can say that TJ did better, but he only took a 30 minute nap and then cried all the way to Logan- I had decided to go home early. And to top it all off we had stop and go traffic from North Salt Lake until Ogden. At least it was fun to see you!

Followers