Friday, June 13, 2008

The Andersons Go Green


My wonderful in-laws got me this fabulous bike trailer for my birthday a few weeks ago! I had been telling Jason how much I wanted one--we only have one car, and so I thought a bike trailer would be great to have so that I have transportation when Jason drives the car to work. But I never thought that I would actually get such a nice one! As you can see, it is a double bike trailer and it has cute little cargo pockets in front. It also has a pretty large cargo area in back. It has a mesh cover with a plastic rain cover that you can roll up on nice days to let air in. And when it's not being towed by a bike, you can use it as a stroller! I thought it might be hard to tow, but it's so light and it turns so easily, I can barely tell that I am towing anything!
Helena can't ride in it until we get this special hammock thing to put in it. I hope that it works, because I want to take Tempe and Helena to the park and the library!
Tonight I rode my bike to the grocery store instead of driving and it felt so good. It's so much better than driving--it's good exercise for me, fresh air for Tempe, and it saves gas (which means it saves money!) I felt so good to be riding my bike somewhere that I would normally drive to. From now on, if I can possibly ride my bike somewhere, I'm going to--and that's a promise!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

And so the Anderson family goes eco-friendly! Awesome. Once you can get Helena in there, it's gonna look so cute--the three ladies of the family out and about. I bet if Jason curled up real small he could fit in that thing...

Kathryn said...

That is way fun Kate! I really want one too, what brand is it do you know??

Jen said...

Looks like fun! I FINALLY mailed that thing to you. Sorry it took SO long. So, did you get a new bike too? I ride my bike to school and work and I LOVE it. Like you said, it just feels good to be outside, getting some good exercise, and not being lazy by driving the car. Plus you save money on gas and save the enviornment:)

Followers