Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grateful

I was blog surfing, and came across one that really touched me: www.thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com. But I am warning, you DO NOT read it if you are pregnant, are the parent of young children, or have a heart. I just spent the last half hour crying as I scrolled through to read about the trial this family has had to endure.  I read through sad blogs like this pretty often--I just can't help myself, and then I always feel sad--but this one really got to me because the little girl that this family lost was almost exactly the same age as Helena. I can't even imagine holding my Lena in my arms and saying goodbye, and knowing that it would be the last time I ever got to hold her. In this life.
Because that is the silver lining to a tragedy like this. Their daughter is gone from them for now, but someday they will be together again. Heavenly Father has given us such a wonderful gift--the gift of forever families. Someday we will all be reunited with our loved ones, and all of the mothers who have had to say goodbye to their children will be able to hold them and love them again. That is the only thing that could ever help me through losing a child--although it's something I hope I will never, ever have to do. I don't think I am strong enough. I don't think I could bear it. 

0 comments:

Followers