Friday, March 13, 2009

Tempe is a big girl--but not by choice

Today is the third day Tempe has gone without her pacifier. Woohoo! She was down to one paci, and she kept chewing on it, so Jason told her that when she bit it and it broke, we were going to throw it away and not get a new one. Well, Tuesday she bit through it and so I reminded her what Daddy had said. She remembered what I was talking about it and took it into the bathroom and put it in the trash herself. For the rest of the day she kept saying "I don't need me paci, I put it in the trashcan!"
But then at bedtime... She was ok while I was reading her a story, but towards the end of the book she interrupted me and said "Mom, can I have me paci? Just one more paci, please?" It broke my heart to see the worry on her face when she realized she wasn't going to get her paci! Even after that, she did ok. She yelled a little bit, but went to sleep without it. In the middle of the night, she woke up crying for it. Jason went in and tried to console her--she was insisting she needed it--so he said "Here, suck on a pony's nose instead" and put a pony in her mouth. It worked! I laughed and laughed when I saw her sucking on her pony's nose the next day.
So, she is officially "off" pacifiers--but not by choice.

0 comments:

Followers