Thursday, March 12, 2009

I want to go to Disneyland


I want to go to Disneyland. I really want to go to Disneyland. I really, really want to go to Disneyland. I can't even say how much I want to go to Disneyland.
And if our tax return is really as big as we think it will be, we might be able to go!
But not until fall. I can't wait that long. Six more months? I'll go crazy!
Until then, I have to be content with planning our trip and finding the best deal on a hotel. Any tips? I've never really shopped around for a hotel. We need a family-friendly hotel with a suite (separate bedroom and living space) and a complimentary continental breakfast. We also want a refrigerator and microwave or kitchenette in our room so we can save a little on food costs by eating at the hotel instead of going out every night. The hotel needs to be relatively close to Disneyland--walking distance isn't necessary, but we will need a shuttle that doesn't take too long. And of course, we don't want it to be too junky or dirty.
Do you think that's too much to ask?
I just keep picturing the expressions on Tempe and Lena's faces when we walk through the gates for the first time and they see the castle, the characters, the rides... and I keep imagining which rides they will like best. Dumbo? Winnie-the-Pooh? Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Peter Pan? Tempe might even be tall enough to ride Splash Mountain--she just needs to grow 4 more inches!

1 comments:

Margaret said...

Kate,
You should look into Hilton's Homewood Suites. You can get good deals through Getaway Today. They have shuttle service, separate living and sleeping areas, as well as complimentary breakfast and snacktime in the early evening. We've stayed there a couple of times. It was great.

Followers